[syslinux] EFI tool chain

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 11:48:21 PDT 2010

On Thursday 14 Oct 2010 17:31:39 Duane Voth wrote:
> Peter (and or others at Syslinux),
>
> The most recent open source EFI development environment I’ve found is
> gnu-efi-3.0i – which still appears to be a prototype.  Do you have
>  something better and if so are you allowing public contributions yet?

FWIW, iPXE (http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git) has a working open source EFI build
environment.  You can see it in action using something like

  git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git
  cd ipxe/src
  make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi

gcc version 4.4 or later is required in order to get support for the "ms_abi"
attribute, and the EFI headers are used pretty much verbatim from the EDK.

Michael