[syslinux] [syslinux:disklib] disklib: make CHS calculation match core/fs/diskio.c

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer pierre at mouraf.org
Sat Oct 16 08:19:29 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Shao Miller
<Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca> wrote:
> Somewhat unrelated: Some day in the far, far future, it might be nice to
> "re-image"[1] computers using INT 13h via one or more COMBOOT32 programs.  -
> Shao
>
> [1] Apply a disk or filesystem snapshot/saved-state.

I did something similar for the resume usecase, i.e. I wrote a
resume.c32 module which resumes a computer from a hibernate image
(swsusp or TuxOnIce). This was used to boot an appliance from a known
state (the root filesystem being a read-only squashfs).

Blog entry here:
http://pub.mouraf.org/blog/2010/09/resume-c32-resume-linux-from-the-bootloader/
Code on github: http://github.com/pierre/syslinux-fastboot

--