[syslinux] Error on extlinux 3.86 boot: "Missing OperatingSystem"

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sun Oct 17 11:45:51 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: syslinux-bounces at zytor.com [mailto:syslinux-bounces at zytor.com] On
Behalf Of Psycho Mantys
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:17
To: For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa
Subject: Re: [syslinux] Error on extlinux 3.86 boot: "Missing
OperatingSystem"

... ... ...

Oh man, is it!

Thanks Gert, i set the boot flag and extlinux work fine in my system!

In another installation on a qemu virtual machine, i don't remember to
have set the boot flag, and extlinux work.

Maybe, in the wiki[01] EXTLINUX have to be placed on a mention of it
or in wiki session "Common Problems"[02]. I read this session of wiki
to find a solution for my trouble and not found a mention for set a
boot flag on partition.

Thanks again Gert!

[01] : http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/EXTLINUX
[02] : http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems

-----End of Original Message---

I've added a "Missing Operating System" section[1] to the "Common
Problems" page.  Perhaps that will help future users with the same
challenge.

- Shao Miller

[1]
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Common_Problems#Missing_Operati