[syslinux] Why can not I build pxelinux.0?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:18:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 22:03, 许凌 <lingod01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks very much!
> I've created that environment  you say, and network installation has
> been successfully carried out.
> but  I set the network boot as the first boot option in bios, so the
> network will re-install when i reboot Every time.
> I hope  when the system restart,  network installation can  determine
> whether the system has been installed inside the system through grep
> mbr content, if not to continue with network installation, if
> installed  to boot from the hard disk. so i need to modify bootloader
> of network installation.
>
> so i download syslinux-4.02.tar.gz. when i use
> syslinux-4.02/core/pxelinux.0 instead of the one that worked well
> before.
> Error
> "boot:
> amd64/boot-screens/vesamenu.c32:not a COM32R image"

Always get COM32 modules from the same package.  You're using
vesamenu.c32 from a release before 4.00 with PXELINUX 4.02.

Also, as far as grep'ing or searching the hard drive, you should
consider writing a COM32 module like the ifcpu.c32 module to run one
command/LABEL if installed and another if not installed.

--
-Gene