[syslinux] Boot graphical display sequence

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:46:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:28, MONDON Daniel
<Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Actually, I've got a 640x480 splash screen.
>
> It is displayed a few second (no syslinux message as I want), then a
> grey screen and after, a black screen with an underscore blinking on the
> top left corner.

Have you tried having the option "quiet" in the command line yet?  It
sounds like you probably have.  I believe that if
menu.c32/vesamenu.c32 sees "quiet" in the command line, it shouldn't
change anything and it's up to your kernel.  I just tested it and most
of the output was suppressed until my kernel touched the video system
to reinitialize it.  I should have seen over 100 lines of output
before that point.

--
-Gene