[syslinux] Loading plpbt.bin from Syslinux 4.02 causes reboot

mwesten mwesten at verizon.net
Sun Sep 5 19:22:41 PDT 2010

OK, it's working now.  : )  I did some more searching and found the problem.
I was using the example as shown,  i.e. trying to load plpbt.bin, and that
doesn't work because of the .bin extension.  I did run across something that
said the extension needed to be removed, but didn't know what that meant
since the filename needs to be complete or it gives a "could not find kernel
image..." error.  Now I see it's necessary to rename the file to something
else without that extension at all, and then boot that.

Cheers,
-Mike