[syslinux] thanks

f martin fidelcastor at orange.fr
Thu Sep 9 10:15:27 PDT 2010

I just wants to thank the developers (s) of syslinux , and eventually the construction of your well explained HOWTO
I am rather a newbie in informatics , but after several months (!) of efforts, training at learning and experimenting with the terminal & command line writing, I finally got succeful at creating a partedmagic live USB.
the last step was rather creepy: I thought I had at last succeeded , when I got a prompt after the Boot which asked for my file pmagic-5.4.sqfd
(that  I knew was copied on the USB)
I got the light from one post (one only): it said that the command "copy" in DOS (I worked with XP) can changed the case of text during the copy operation: and I found out my source pmagic-5.4.sqfd was writen (target): PMAGIC_5_4.sqfd in my DOS !

I corrected with REName and did a try at reboot without much hope: and then miracle , it worked.
that is a micro step,and probably no step at all for the humanity: but a huge step to me!

Anyway, for permitting some weird folks like me for succeeding in making their own path without needing to use some (probably interesting for the try) pre-masticated programs like unetbootin and lilo and others:
one more big THANKS