[syslinux] isohybrid: seek error - 6: Invalid argument

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Sun Sep 12 22:25:54 PDT 2010

   Hello Gerardo,

--- On Mon, 13/9/10, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>
> Recently while playing with bigger iso images (>2G)
> looks like isohybrid from syslinux-4.02 fails. Sometimes
> tunning heads/sectors (-h/-s) works, because no padding is
> needed depending of size of the image.
>
> isohybrid: pandereta-2010.09.13-i686.iso: seek error - 6:
> Invalid argument

  Thanks for the update. The error seems to come while seeking(fseek(3)) to fix the file pointer at the end of the file, just before adding required padding to the iso.

---
    if (fseek(fp, isostat.st_size, SEEK_SET))
        err(1, "%s: seek error - 6", argv[0]);

    memset(buf, 0, padding);
    if (fwrite(buf, sizeof(char), padding, fp) != (size_t)padding)
        err(1, "%s: write error - 2", argv[0]);
---

Strange, that it should happen. I guess, may be, HPA could be better able to explain why it should happen for 2G files.

Can I have the iso file?

Thank you.
---
Regards
    -Prasad
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails