[syslinux] CONFIG and appended directory; current directory

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:23:09 PDT 2010

I've been testing the CONFIG directive and config.c32 module and I've
found a possible issue.  It seems to ignore the directory of "/" but
can otherwise go up and down a directory tree perfectly.  Executing
COM32 chdir("/") does seem to work.

Also, I noticed that the config file name is relative to the old
present working directory (herein pwd) and not the new pwd (good
behavior that should be noted in documentation).  Fortunately, it does
change directories before processing the config file such that
directives like INCLUDE and DISPLAY work.  It also silently fails to
change the pwd if it doesn't exist (disk-based; as opposed to
PXELINUX).

In PXELINUX, I'm also noticing that any specified file/path (including
calls to chdir()) is merely appended to the pwd unless it starts with
"::" (although I haven't testing using multiple TFTP servers or using
gpxelinux.0).  When using CONFIG/config.c32 and chdir(), the pwd is
also not tailed properly with a trailing "/" unless specified.

--
-Gene