[syslinux] Syslinux 3.70pre9 - sanboot.c32 says: gPXE API not

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:38:25 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:54, tiger <tzz at tom.com> wrote:
> is there anyone who know the problem?
>
> I have a working PXE environment that chainloads gPXE and loads pxelinux.0
> afterwards. As I'm also interested in doing san boot (in my case aoe) I
> tried loading the new gpxelinux.0 file instead of my gPXE --> pxelinux.0
> setup (works) and booting from my aoe target by adding this to the default
> config file:
>
> LABEL  doaoe
>    MENU LABEL Continue AoE
>    kernel sanboot.c32
>    append aoe:e0.0
>
> The result is that sanboot.c32 is complaining that the gPXE API is not
> detected. Please note that I can boot my machine from the aoe target using
> the gPXE command-line
>
> I have also tried adding the keeppxe keyword at the end of the append line
> but this has the same result.

Subject: Syslinux 3.70pre9 - sanboot.c32 says: gPXE API not

First off, 3.70 was officially release 2008-07-01, over two years ago.
 Second, you mention a pre-release, released 2008-04-10.  I believe
pre-releases are intended solely for testing prior to a stable
release.

The first suggestion is to try Syslinux 4.02.  The official archive
should contain all of the files you'll need, already compiled, to test
this issue (gpxe/gpxelinux.0 core/pxelinux.0 and
com32/modules/sanboot.c32).

--
-Gene