[syslinux] CONFIG and appended directory; current directory

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:48:10 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 13:23, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 02:23, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been testing the CONFIG directive and config.c32 module and I've
>> found a possible issue.  It seems to ignore the directory of "/" but
>> can otherwise go up and down a directory tree perfectly.  Executing
>> COM32 chdir("/") does seem to work.
>
> Appending "/" as the target directory for config.c32 or CONFIG calls
> pm_is_config_file().  In pm_is_config_file(),  before mangle_name(),
> *p == "/ ".  mangle_name() changes "/ " to "", hence the issue.
>
> I'm going to try to look at this this afternoon.

This issue appears to be for ISOLINUX and EXTLINUX but does not affect
SYSLINUX.  PXELINUX (as noted earlier) is a different animal and this
does not apply.

As a test, I modified core/fs/fs.c in mangle)name() to insert 2
printf() calls surrounding the fs-specific mangle_name().  Both
core/fs/iso9660/iso9660.c:iso_mangle_name() and
core/fs/lib/mangle.c:generic_mangle_name() (referenced by
core/fs/ext2/ext2.c) break with this src argument ("/ ") whereas
core/fs/fat/fat.c:vfat_mangle_name() works properly.

--
-Gene