[syslinux] can't get write_sectors to work...

Don Hiatt donhiatt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:56:46 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 16:39 -0700, Robert Jordan wrote:
> Hi,

> When run, the error case is always executed, but disk_errno is always zero.
>  If I switch to write_sectors() the call succeeds (returns the same number
> of sectors requested), but the disk is not written.  I can't find any
> examples of using the disk write functions anywhere in the code.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

Take a look at my EXTFS port as it supports disk writes (look at the
changes to gpllib/write*).

 http://github.com/donhiatt/Syslinux-EXT2FS-Library-port

The code is still based on the old gpllib/disk* stuff but I'm going to
port it to the new disklib branch as soon as I have some free time.

Cheers,

don