[syslinux] Network booting FreeBSD with gpxelinx almost works (fwd)

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:37:34 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 17:12, Ferenc Wagner <wferi at niif.hu> wrote:
> Does this message come from pxeboot?
> Just an idea: can you try with pxelinux.0 instead of gpxelinux.0?

I just tested with both pxelinux.0 and gpxelinux.0 from 4.02 to load a
PXE file pxeboot (Syslinux-4.01 pxelinux.0 renamed) with and without
menu.c32 with everything working with an identical config when using
the boot file option of "/pxelinux.0", "pxelinux.0", or "2/pxelinux.0"
(another copy of some stuff in a new directory to test a prefix
theory).

What is the exact string specified as the boot file (I think DHCP
option 67, iirc)?

Also, it sounds like you used the official pre-compiled binaries from
Syslinux.  Is this correct?

--
-Gene