[syslinux] Felicitation + Informations required

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Sep 28 13:25:25 PDT 2010

"MONDON Daniel" <Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com> writes:

> wferi writes:

>>> If I do not have to make a special version, I will do that!
>>> Printing the same png as bios splash screen.
>>> Is there any documentation - example for that ?
>>
>> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#Display_graphic_from_filename:
>
> I've done a 640x480 image with GIMP.
> I've save it (export) to the .ppm image type.
> When I use ppmtolss16, I've got the error: stdin is not a PNM file at /usr/bin/ppmtolss16 line 214.
> The ppmtolss16 script I'm using is from 2008.
> Am I doing a mistake?

I don't know, it works for me: ppmtolss16 eats ASCII and binary PNM (or
by another name: PPM) files without problems.  My binary PNM starts with

P6
# CREATOR: GIMP PNM Filter Version 1.1
640 480
255

and the ASCII one with

P3
# CREATOR: GIMP PNM Filter Version 1.1
640 480
255

You may want to check yours.  The error message indicates a missing
P[1-6] signature.
Feri.