[syslinux] stdin is not a PNM file at/usr/bin/ppmtolss16line 214

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Wed Sep 29 07:56:14 PDT 2010

"MONDON Daniel" <Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com> writes:

> I succeed to generate without any error! :)
> But the picture is not displayed!
>
> I think it's because I don't have the correct syntax!

You're right.

> In my syslinux.cfg file I've got
>
> DISPLAY my_picture.lss16
>
> The picture is 640x480 image in black and white (very simple).
>
> Have I to do any configuration before to print it?
> Or the Display line is ko ?

Please read the documentation at
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#DISPLAY_filename
Basically, you have to create a separate file, which contains

<CAN>my_picture.lss16<newline>

where the single character <CAN> = <Ctrl-X> = ASCII 24
and <newline> = ASCII 10 as usual, and give the name of this file to
the DISPLAY command.
Feri.