[syslinux] stdin is not a PNM file at/usr/bin/ppmtolss16line 214

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Wed Sep 29 10:14:45 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:38:50, Gene Cumm wrote:

> Also bear in mind the allowable filename rules for the variant in use.
>  SYSLINUX will only ever see the 8.3 DOS names on FAT file systems
> (characters of a-z, 0-9, and "_"; a-z are stored as A-Z but displayed
> as a-z).

I'm pretty sure that this restriction has been removed - at least I
couldn't boot my FAT32 USB stick if it wasn't, since the kernel is
named 2.6.32 (with several initrds that are named ___.lzma), and I
also have memtest86+-4.00, all of which work.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Find out the cost before you get in.
       -- Taxi Principle