[syslinux] proper keymap format ?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Apr 3 16:14:01 PDT 2011

On 04/03/2011 03:31 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:

> For the Belgian keymap file, there is no source. I created that file
> completely from scratch in bvi. Any other keyboard layout making use of
> AltGr for important characters will have to be remapped as well (as
> practical as possible).
>
> I don't think these maps can be copyrighted, or be seen as derivatives
> simply because there's (often) only one possible way to write them for
> each keyboard layout.

OK, let me rephrase that then:

1. I'd like to have the maps in some kind of human-readable text format
as the source material.

2. I don't have time to maintain this... if someone is willing to do a
git tree that I can pull I'm willing to include it.

I'm curious about what model Michael Brown has for iPXE.  It might be
close enough that we could even use that format.  The other option is
maybe I should consider implementing a whole-hog "capture IRQ 1"
keyboard driver mechanism; it might be useful to more people than are lost.