[syslinux] ifcpu(64).c32 does not detect Athlon II X4

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Sun Apr 3 23:55:02 PDT 2011

Hello,

as said in the subject; I am having problems with ifcpu.c32 and
ifcpu64.c32 detecting a Athlon II X4 CPU correctly as a 64Bit capable
CPU. Ifcpu64.c32 does not detect PAE capabilities, also. Both boot the
last (32Bit, non-PAE) entry. On two other Core2-based machines I have
here, everything works.

Can someone tell me what exactly these modules are looking for? Maybe I
can compare that with /proc/cpuinfo output and tell what's wrong.

I'd like to incorporate this feature into a live CD which we intent to
publish, so this should work fairly reliably. Do you have any other
experiences with these modules?

Thank you,
Andreas