[syslinux] HDT 0.5.0 is out

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Apr 26 13:19:15 PDT 2011

Op 21-4-2011 22:12, Erwan Velu schreef:
> Just a quick note to tell that I did release HDT 0.5.0.

nice, tested the diskette image of 0.5.0 (released with a codename of
"Van de Keizer" or something like that).

I'm just wondering if this was tested on VmWare platforms though. The
Workstation 7.1.4 (Windows, x64) software doesn't like your VESA modes
from the Syslinux menu in a DOS virtual machine.
Textmode runs happily on a 4MB RAM virtual machine though I'm not sure
of minimum required processor and chipset features like DMI and PCI.
For example, an old version of the Java PC emulator (
http://jpc.sourceforge.net/download_oldsite.html ) makes your program
hang citing no DMI Tables found.
Newer version of JPC works, just is very slow at loading.
Getting your diskette image DOS-compatible is just a matter of renaming
files and adjusting syslinux.cfg I guess.
All above discovered by wanting to run your program for determining what
platform each emulator and/or virtualisation platform offers.

I'll keep quiet about
http://www.picofactory.com/free/software/pc-xt-emulator/ .. surely
neither Syslinux nor HDT will appreciate a 8086 platform :)