[syslinux] 1 model out of a dozen hangs at "loadingboot sector... booting..."

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Wed Apr 27 09:58:39 PDT 2011

On 4/27/2011 12:25, Alexander,Jeff wrote:

> There is only one MEMDISK image being loaded. It is just a winpe image
> that maps back to our image server and loads an HTA menu so that we
> can then do the real work. ;-)

Please note that this likely requires more than twice as much RAM as the
file's size.  The following article attempts to explain:

   http://reboot.pro/14373/

If you use a Windows MEMDISK driver (such as WinVBlock or Firadisk) then
you might be able to employ a different PE or non-PE Windows environment.

> Using the MAC address isn't really an option since we don't have that
> information ahead of time. These are not static machines. These are
> machines that we receive, configure, and then send on their way to
> never see again.

Oh, ok.

On 4/27/2011 12:37, Gene Cumm wrote:

> I believe I've noticed that WinPE images are generally the most
> cooperative with the raw mode but your mileage may vary.

Agreed, and with Windows installation disc images, too.

- Shao Miller