[syslinux] efilinux release 0.8

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Aug 11 07:59:51 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 20:29 +0530, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> Hi,
>     Launching efilinux from Tianocore DUET UEFI 2.3.1 X64 firmware
> freezes the system requiring hard reset (unresponsive keyboard
> including num lock).
>
> > fs0:
> > cd efi\efilinux
> > efilinux.efi -l
> efilinux 0.8
> (system freezes)

That's not good :-(

> Is it similar to
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/grub-fedora/grub-fedora.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ae2d7617526cf19024c54103bd1583aa982f14b;hp=8d73e5190c772f14ab7b248caa4b36b80dcc1c7d
> ? A similar problem in both grub-legacy-fedora and grub2 UEFI was
> solved when this stack alignment issue was corrected.

Sorry, I still haven't had chance to look at this yet but it's on my
TODO list. Meanwhile, there's been a few changes to the 'master' branch,
would you mind giving that a go?

> For UEFI firmware chainloaded from BIOS systems (real hardware UEFI
> testing) you can use the DUET images which I compile regularly.
> Checkout the git repos at
> https://gitorious.org/tianocore_uefi_duet_builds and follow the
> instructions at www.rodsbooks.com/bios2uefi/index.html on how to setup
> DUET to boot from a GPT partition. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll be sure to check it out when I have some
free time.

> PS: Is there any mailing list for efilinux project?

Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center