[syslinux] Live linux booting

sandin deiloohay at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 12:57:51 PDT 2011

The kernel and initrd boot over PXE with no issues.  The init scripts look for the ~300MB .dat file.  Perhaps there is a parameter that we can use to direct the search toward to the TFTP server?  Alternatively, we could look at "remastering" the distro just to put the .dat file right into the initrd or expand its contents into it and repack.

Acronis boots by PXE, and this has been very convenient...

[snip]

My main effort was to find something that would pxe boot - or run completely out of RAM. (I'm actually booting  off a SSD drive for speed, but want to be able to unplug the boot drive for access to the SATA ports. )
[/snip]