[syslinux] efilinux release 0.8

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon Aug 22 10:14:03 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 22:28 +0530, KESHAV P.R. wrote:

> Any idea on the "hang" issue. I think it would be better if someone
> with Sandy Bridge motherboard actually tests this. Did you ask Peter
> Jones (pjones - Fedora) about this? He has some Dell UEFI systems and
> may help narrow down the problem. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
>
> Keshav
>
> PS: CCed Peter Jones and efilinux.efi file attached.

I don't think the stack alignment issue that you've been referring to is
the problem here. gnu-efi adheres to the 16-byte stack alignment
required by the UEFI 2.1 spec. The gnu-fedora commit you cited earlier
in this thread (for Peter's benefit, it's this one,

http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/grub-fedora/grub-fedora.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ae2d7617526cf19024c54103bd1583aa982f14b;hp=8d73e5190c772f14ab7b248caa4b36b80dcc1c7d)

did s/x64_call/uefi_call_wrapper/ but efilinux has always used
uefi_call_wrapper().

But certainly, if someone else with a Sandy Bridge machine wants to test
out efilinux, that could be helpful. Like I've said before, you really
need to find out which function call from efilinux is causing the
machine to hang.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center