[syslinux] [patch 1/1] syslinux: add suport for com32 entries inthe menu

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Sun Aug 28 10:07:30 PDT 2011

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 04:03 PM, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
>>
>> With this approach we need to parse all of the commands (BOOT, BSS, PXE, ...) which are currently called by label.
>> Maybe it is enough to skip the append if the command is called by label. This should result in the same command line
>> which would also be called without gfxboot. The "menu" module is different because it allows changing the APPEND
>> line.
>>
>> Does the following work good enough for you?
>>

> So this is probably not appropriate for *right now*, but have you
> considered sharing the config-parsing code with [vesa]menu?
>
> -hpa

Some time ago i did, but didn't follow this idea, because back then you wrote
there might be a parsed configuration available in memory in a future version.

Where to you suggest creating a shared config parser? com32/lib or com32/libutil?
I guess the parser should reuse menu.h and readconfig.c from the menu system.

Sebastian