[syslinux] [patch 1/1] syslinux: add suport for com32 entries inthe menu

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 29 10:50:14 PDT 2011

On 08/28/2011 10:07 AM, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:

> Some time ago i did, but didn't follow this idea, because back then you wrote
> there might be a parsed configuration available in memory in a future version.

Yes... it will be based on the existing parser and its data structures.
 (This is actually already available on the elflink branch.)  So it's
not a meaningless exercise at all.

> Where to you suggest creating a shared config parser? com32/lib or com32/libutil?
> I guess the parser should reuse menu.h and readconfig.c from the menu system.

Neither... it should probably be a separate directory.

It would be more libutil since it could be compiled for native Linux as
well.

The alternative, of course, is to help get the elflink branch
product-worthy.  Most of the machinery is there, it's a matter of
getting it all hooked up.