[syslinux] Blocked Network Interrupt for COM32 Programs

Madhusudan M.I mimadhusudan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:00:21 PDT 2011

I have written a COM32 program which pxelinux loads it and executes when
machine is booted over network. And the COM32 program should be blocked till
it receives an instruction from deployment server in UDP packet.

I am looking for a network interrupt that will make my machine to wait for
an incoming udp packet, so that my server can send udp packet, and
reboot/shutdown  the machine.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the network interrupt that
blocks my COM32 process until a packet arrives in NIC, so that COM32 reads
UDP packet and carryout appropriate operation.