[syslinux] gpxelinux.0 and slow HTTP performance on VMware ESX

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:44:18 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:48, Roy Marantz <roy.marantz at vonage.com> wrote:
> I used git to grab syslinux and don't see any prebuilt binaries in the lwip
> branch.  Is this expected?

Yes.  If you run 'make' it will build it.  Bear in mind that there are
numerous occurrences of build boxes that are OK for most other builds
but not Syslinux.  At least some versions of binutils I've read
reports of issues.  I know the official builds are built on Fedora (of
some verison) and I've had luck with Debian squeeze and Ubuntu 10.04
(with minor work for Windows compilers).

> On 12/2/11 1:29 AM, "Thomas Mieslinger" <miesi at pc-h.de> wrote:
>> Gene, would you please enligthen me where I can get the top-of-git
>> source code? I'd really like to test the code on the varoius HP Server
>> BIOSes I have.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git