[syslinux] pxelinux 4.10 pre17 http:// on VMware works now

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:50:32 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 06:33, Schlomo Schapiro <schlomo at schapiro.org>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to test pxelinux 4.10 pre17 in our VMware environment
and
> can report that HTTP booting seems to work reliably now. Downloads are
> fairly fast.

I've tested 17 MiB/s with cptime.c32 with VMware Server 2.0.2 and lighttpd
on the same machine. I still need to find some time for testing some other
hardware platforms (Dell OptiPlex 755 and newer with Intel NICs).

> As a side note, rosh "ls" and "pwd" commands now work as expected with a
> HTTP TFTP prefix, cool!

SWEET! Someone uses rosh! This inspires me to pick it back up again
(hopefully shortly) seeing as I think I just finished up work on pxechn.c32.

> I'll leave it in production use now and report about any further issues.
>
> Can you already tell when a 4.10 release will be out? What do you need in
> order to release 4.10?

I believe more testing.

--
-Gene