[syslinux] how can I pass boot options to the ks file?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:02:43 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 17:44, Hai Tao <taoh666 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> How can I pass boot options, for example IP, Netmask, Hostname, Gateway etc, to the ks file, so after the installation I do not need to configure them manully?

Short answer: it depends a lot on your distro, specifically the initrd.

Long answer: For PXELINUX, you can use the IPAPPEND options but I
believe it's recommended to use that information for seeding DHCP
rather than replacing it.

Check the docs for your distro for how to pull that information in.

--
-Gene