[syslinux] pxelinux 4.10-pre17 HTTP performance (cptime)

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Dec 30 04:26:50 PST 2011

Hi,

thanks for writing cptime, after manually adding it to the Makefile of a
lwip git checkout it compiled fine (same about prdhcp) (only isohybrid
complained about a missing uuid/uuid.h)...

I have a 64bit VM with VMXNET3 and go there this result:

[image: cptime.png]

(can everybody see the picture?)

The download of a 180MB large file (Parted Magic initrd) takes between 60
and 72 seconds, which is about 2.6 to 2.3 MiB/s.

Can this go any faster? Or is this the most that we can get out of a
preboot environment?

BTW, what is the meaning of the +0, +1, -1 lines? Maybe you add there some
hint to make it self-explanatory.

Thanks for the great work,
Schlomo