[syslinux] tftp with pxelinux.0 from syslinux 4.10-pre17

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 10:55:00 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 12:19, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> on Sat, 31 Dec 2011 11:30:33 -0500:
>> On Dec 31, 2011 10:46 AM, "Christian Hesse" <list at eworm.de> wrote:

>> > Ok, an even more simple configuration:
>> > * notebook serving network boot on tap device "tap0"
>> > * Virtualbox virtual machine with one "Bridged Adapter" to tap0
>> > * virtual machine configured to boot from network
>> >
>> > And here is the log:
>> > http://www.eworm.de/tmp/tcpdump-syslinux-lwip.log

> But it results in the same situation. /pxelinux.cfg/<uid> is not found, the
> server returns a 404 to the client. The client then again hangs
> with /pxelinux.cfg/<mac>.
>
> http://www.eworm.de/tmp/tcpdump-syslinux-lwip-http.log

Nothing new in these two PCAP captures.  It seems to stop all traffic
after the TFTP file not found and the HTTP file not found (which does
appear to have a TCP keep-alive then FIN to close the stream).  I
assume these ran at least a few seconds after the last packet.  In the
TFTP capture, I was seeing Notebook A do an ARP request on the PXE
client with no response but didn't see that in the HTTP capture.

> Let me know what to do and I will test it.

Thanks in advance.  I'll probably send a binary and/or diff.

--
-Gene