[syslinux] syslinux configuration file -- CONFIG directive with parameter

Rich Mahn rich at apricot.lat.com
Wed Feb 9 14:18:52 PST 2011

Hi,
   I'm having troubles trying to use the CONFIG directive in my syslinux config
files.  Specifically:

CONFIG	../syslinux.cfg
APPEND  ..

The specified config file is used, but the directory isn't changed.
However, I have no problems with:

CONFIG  dir1/syslinux.cfg
APPEND  dir1

or

CONFIG /syslinux.config
APPEND /

These use the specified config file as well as the new directory.

I've tried './..' '../.' and similar combinations, but the same thing.

I'm using vesamenu.c32, but it also happens with menu.c32.
This occurs on 4.02 and on 4.03.  Haven't tried it on earlier
versions.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get this going?
Thanks.