[syslinux] not sure how to get rid of white screen during boot

Douglas McClendon dmc.syslinux at cloudsession.com
Sat Feb 19 23:08:26 PST 2011

On 02/20/2011 12:33 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> 3.86 is way old.

Everything I wrote below is unchanged with syslinux-4.02-3.el6.i686
which I pulled from fedora-14.  Maybe in those 4 seconds syslinux is
still in play uncompressing kernel/initrd(?) or something else, but
either way, I may take a look at what it takes to fade the menu-text
and/or splash-image out as soon as the selection is made.  (and both
with an optional and probably timelength tunable fade in as well).

/me likes the fades...

-dmc