[syslinux] libinstaller/syslxint.h: bsCodeLen

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:08:02 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 19:01, Michal Soltys <soltys at ziu.info> wrote:
> After commit 036fa4e1a8aefeba3, shouldn't bsCodeLen be adjusted to reflect
> added fields at the end ?
>
> Basically:
>
> -#define bsCodeLen   (offsetof(struct boot_sector, bsSignature) - \
> +#define bsCodeLen   (offsetof(struct boot_sector, bsMagic) - \

I think this depends on what bsCodeLen is used for.  Strictly code, I
believe this is true.  However, as the length of raw bytes (regardless
of content) before bsSignature (which does not need to be
overwritten), I think it's proper the way it is.

Looking at libinstaller/fat.c:36 and extlinux/main.c:365, I think the
latter is the case.

--
-Gene