[syslinux] Linux Helper Script (Installer / Updater)

Matthew Gyurgyik pyther at pyther.net
Sun Feb 27 09:21:20 PST 2011

Hello!

Over the last few months I have been working on implementing Syslinux
support into the Arch Linux Installer. As a result, I ended up writing a
helper script called syslinux_install_update.

https://gist.github.com/772138

-----------
Usage:

This script will install or upgrade Syslinux

  -h Show this message
  -i Install Syslinux
  -u Update Syslinux
  -a Set Boot flag on boot partiton
  -m Install Syslinux MBR
  -s Updates Syslinux if /boot/syslinux/SYSLINUX_AUTOUPDATE exists

Arguments Required:
  -c Chroot install (ex: -c /mnt)

Example Usage: syslinux-install_update.sh -i -a -m (install, set boot
flag, install mbr)
syslinux-install_update.sh -u (update)
-----------

Supports
  * RAID Installs
  * CCISS and ISA controllers
  * SCSI/SATA drives
  * MBR and GPT partition tables

Limitations
  * Bash 4 Features
  * Uses findmnt so requires a kernel > 2.6.24

Is my script something that might want to be added to Syslinux? If so,
what would need to be done?

Thanks,
pyther