[syslinux] Syslinux/pxeboot.0 trouble

Arnaud Lacombe lacombar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:23:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I've been hacking this week-end on a Vortex86[0] based device (ebox
3300) and had quite a few trouble with pxelinux.0 on it. Actually, I
narrowed the problem to the `pxenv' routine always returning 1. This
lead to an infinite loop while trying to transfer the config file. I'm
not sure what the problem is, but the FreeBSD PXE bootloader does work
on the same hardware, with the same settings, so pxelinux.0 must be
doing something wrong.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem ? if not, what should be the
course of action to fix this issue ? I thought of comparing how the
FreeBSD PXE bootloader and pxelinux.0 were working, but there may be
other way.

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
 - Arnaud