[syslinux] MEMDISK issues and Dell OptiPlex and Latitude systems

Jason Vasquez jvasquez at kennesaw.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:40:16 PST 2011

Pardon my delayed response. Winter weather is to blame.

Affirmative, sir. I have tried the 4 access methods listed. No change in the results.

You are correct regarding my testing history. It was originally PXELINUX, then on to ISOLINUX. Only now, I have returned to PXELINUX loading to better facilitate my testing across systems. The ISOLINUX routine (i.e. authoring CDs) was becoming tedious.

Any luck testing the image on some of your Dell systems? I hope I'm not the only one in the world with this odd display of MEMDISK behavior. (That would be my usual luck. Ouch.)

Thank you for offering some help with my posts. Here's wishing you a relaxing weekend.