[syslinux] ALTERNATE TFTP SERVERS

Alexander erazoramg at freenet.de
Tue Jan 25 12:49:26 PST 2011

Hi guys,

since I sat very long on this problem, I bypassed it by using gpxe for the
chaining job.
With gpxe you can use the dhcp (or user) class id (gPXE for gpxe and iPXE
for ipxe) to tell the dhcp server (and client) which tftp server and
filename to use. Because I'd like to extend this method, my small question
is:

Can you change this dhcp class id, for example within an embedded gpxe
script, to define multiple classes on the dhcp server?

Just for reference: http://ipxe.org/howto/msdhcp

Thanks for your time

Alex