[syslinux] MEMDISK issue with OptiPlex GX280,620

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Tue Jan 25 18:51:23 PST 2011

On 1/25/2011 18:40, Jason Vasquez wrote:
> Good day to you, too. No worries about the delay. I understand how
> busy everyone is with SYSLINUX. Gladly, the project continues to
> develop and improve. With that said, thanks for today's flurry of
> activity regarding my reported problem.
>
> Impressively, the debug version of MEMDISK that you had directed me to
> use appears to have done the trick. Results below.
>
> ... ... ...
>
> No 'lost drive' message was reported and the internal hard drive is
> now visible to the booted environment. I also tried (only on the
> OptiPlex GX280, at this time) this debug version with my Ghost client
> image from previous trials, and it works. Yay. So does this mean the
> genius team has fixed the issue? I can perform further testing, but
> the latest changes look promising indeed. Much thanks.

Actually, the filename is a misnomer.  I didn't want you to have to
press the space bar 127 times like you did before, but wanted to give
you something immediately useful.  That binary doesn't have the
DBG_DSKPROBE debugging mode that the previous binary did.  This one is a
"plain" MEMDISK plus a fix for your issue.

I'm glad that it is working so far...  If you could report success with
another model, that might provide further evidence that the commits
involved are worth merging into the mainline Syslinux.

- Shao Miller