[syslinux] gpxe scripts

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Jul 3 04:08:30 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 10:42:57AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 06/30/2011 01:28 PM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >>
> >> We'll either switch to iPXE or drop this option... it's not clear to me
> >> it's needed anymore.  I was hoping for a formal release of iPXE first,
> >> but I'm not sure that will happen.
> >
> > What about gpxe scripts?
> >

> What about them?

I was _wrongly_ reading "iPXE drop". Having http support in pxelinux
means having an alternative for http support from iPXE. My (unjustified)
worries about dropping iPXE was the fear for losing the possibillity to
add DHCP setting in gpxe scripts.

Rereading the original text, did vanish my worries.

Stappers