[syslinux] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server on a USB Flash Drive

Timothy Way idlemind324 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:31:13 PDT 2011

Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I'm still going to tinker with this but I ended up
finding out that my problem revolved around my machine was ancient and was
booting as USB-FDD not USB-HDD. Using just 1 partition and GRUB running the
normal Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS install I was able to get it all up and
running without anymore issues.

I'd like to eventually learn how to support some of these older BIOS modes
(USB-FDD and USB-ZIP) so I could create a more universal bootable flash
drive but my immediate need is now resolved.

Thank you,

Tim