[syslinux] syslinux-4.04 doesn't compile

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Sat Jun 4 08:57:00 PDT 2011

Hallo, Gene,

Du meintest am 04.06.11:

>> I've just tried to compile syslinux 4.04 for slackware - it stopped
>> when it tried to execute
>>
>>  Entering directory `/path/to/diag/geodsp'
>>  ./mk-lba-img lba.img

[...]

>> What goes wrong?

> My fault.  This was already resolved in current git master.
> 4.05-pre1 should be better.  That, or ignore everything in
> diag/geodsp/ for now as a few others already have.

Ok - but when I use a "testing" packet then I use 4.10-pre9!
And I've just seen: compiling works without any error.

But 4.10-pre9 doesn't work in my PXE server, sorry. Neither with
gpxelinux.0 nor with pxelinux.0.
The error messages vanish too quick for my eyes (and brain); I'll use my
camera for documenting (but not today ...).

You should patch or update the 4.04 packet please.

When I use the (not testing) packet 4.04 and use the SlackBuild.org
packet for compiling for slackware or the syslinux.spec for compiling
for *.rpm I don't expect that I have to patch this skript.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut