[syslinux] Questions about setup

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Jun 14 14:38:46 PDT 2011

Op 14-6-2011 22:04, Jesse Hogan schreef:
> I have worked in IT for several years and programming or anything related to
> this is not exactly one of my strengths.  I need help creating a vesamenu..
> Im trying to setup up so I can access my Acronis backup and disaster
> recovery 10 server, knoppix live cd, hardware diagnostics - pcdoctor and
> maybe a hiren type boot cd. I checked the Linux irc channel which I guess is
> now abandoned.  If anyone could help me this would make my job so much
> easier and if need be I would be willing to pay for your help (not much ..
> just a poor IT Manager in a small company)

not sure what VESAMENU does, nor GFXBOOT, as both aren't terribly well
documented in the Syslinux wiki.
A screenshot of the basic HDT menu seems to be missing,
but http://hdt-project.org/raw-attachment/wiki/hdt-0.5.0/hdt-0.5.0.img
might give you some ideas.
Boot this diskette image or look at its syslinux.cfg text file.