[syslinux] COM32 module for detecting Memdisk?

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Thu Jun 16 10:51:46 PDT 2011

Op 16-6-2011 2:08, sandin schreef:
> Is there a reason you cant load the diskette image from the first isolinux menu using the memdisk kernel?
>
> --- On Wed, 6/15/11, Bernd Blaauw<bblaauw at home.nl>  wrote:

Oh sure I can (and already do), but the diskette image needs to access
the ISO file that's on CD anyway.
Plus, the ISO is small enough to be completely loaded in RAM in a few
seconds.

One method is writing an alternative isolinux.cfg for the inner ISO,
though I'd prefer if the inner ISO stays fully functional (including
menu) yet auto-boots memdisk/floppyimg if user already made the choice
in earlier menu to load this ISO.
The outer part/isolinux purely acts as a method of booting either
diskette image or ISO image in RAM.