[syslinux] gpxelinux.0 and slow HTTP performance on VMware ESX VM

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 29 13:05:38 PDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 11:57 AM, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> The core problem is that HTTP transfers by gpxelinux.0 are very slow. Sadly this
> problem seems to be somehow related to our VMware ESX environment and I am not
> able to pin the problem down.

The requirement for gpxelinux.0 to support HTTP transfers is going to be
dropped in Syslinux 4.10, which is now on the release track.  Could you
test out pxelinux.0 (*not* gpxelinux.0) from Syslinux 4.10-pre15 and see
if you have any problems?

Other than that, it would be good to get a package trace
(tcpdump/wireshark).