[syslinux] PXELINUX Debugging Output

David Ward david.ward at ll.mit.edu
Sun Mar 6 13:34:41 PST 2011

I am sending a patch that makes the debugging output of PXELINUX slightly
more concise, without (intentionally) affecting its completeness at all.

Additionally, I am proposing that the debugging output of PXELINUX --
specifically the messages that appear after the copyright statement, but
before the menu is loaded -- only be shown in response to keyboard input
(such as holding Shift or Alt, or activating Caps Lock or Scroll Lock).
This would provide what I believe is a fair balance between quiet startup
for environments with a known working configuration and non-technical end
users, and easy access to useful debugging information when it is needed.
Error messages would always be printed, including the output of kaboom().
Note that this would be no less output than what is printed by ISOLINUX.

Is this acceptable for mainline? Also I have not been able to find where
SYSLINUX checks for key presses when starting -- is it in C or assembly?
Thanks.

David Ward (1):
  pxelinux: Polish output

 core/fs/pxe/pxe.h |    1 -