[syslinux] uEFI and IPv6 support

Christopher D Haakinson cdhaakin at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 14 12:02:38 PDT 2011

Hi, I need two questions answered:

1) When will PXELINUX have uEFI support?

2) With uEFI support comes IPv6 PXE support. Our latest IBM System X boxes
all have IPv6 EFI-based PXE code ready to go, however the syslinux
community seems to be very behind on uEFI and IPv6 integration for
PXELINUX. Will PXELINUX ever support IPv6 from a uEFI network boot?

I guess a 3rd question arises too: If PXELINUX is never going to support
uEFI or IPv6, what will RHEL and/or SLES pickup to use as the default IPv6
uEFI PXE application?