[syslinux] can't boot isohybrid-ized image on CG2100

Greg Forte greg.forte at trueposition.com
Thu Mar 17 09:37:42 PDT 2011

I have a isohybrid-ized image (isohybrid.pl from syslinux-4.03, no
options passed) which works on several other systems, but can't boot a
Kontron CG2100 from stick (same image boots fine from a portable CD-ROM
drive though).  The BIOS shows its initial splash, accesses the stick,
then the system reboots - no errors logged in the BIOS event log.  I
tried disabling the "USB boot priority" option (which puts USB devices
to the top of the boot order when it sees them), no change.

Any hints on how to fix or troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.
Since the problem seems to be specific to one platform, I'm guessing
that it's a quirk of the particular BIOS in question - I will probably
be asking Kontron for support as well.

-g

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.