[syslinux] can't boot isohybrid-ized image on CG2100

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:26:06 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:37, Greg Forte <greg.forte at trueposition.com> wrote:
> I have a isohybrid-ized image (isohybrid.pl from syslinux-4.03, no options
> passed) which works on several other systems, but can't boot a Kontron
> CG2100 from stick (same image boots fine from a portable CD-ROM drive
> though).  The BIOS shows its initial splash, accesses the stick, then the
> system reboots - no errors logged in the BIOS event log.  I tried disabling
> the "USB boot priority" option (which puts USB devices to the top of the
> boot order when it sees them), no change.
>
> Any hints on how to fix or troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated. Since
> the problem seems to be specific to one platform, I'm guessing that it's a
> quirk of the particular BIOS in question - I will probably be asking Kontron
> for support as well.

Is there any chance you could try utils/isohybrid.pl and/or
utils/isohybrid (precompliled) from Syslinux-4.04-pre13?

Have you tried a UFD (USB Flash Drive) with a more typical partitioned
layout with Syslinux and some appropriate file system like FAT*/ext*?
If not, that would be another testing point.  I'd also recommend
trying 4.04-pre13.

--
-Gene