[syslinux] can't boot isohybrid-ized image on CG2100

Greg Forte greg.forte at trueposition.com
Mon Mar 21 12:44:48 PDT 2011

Made an image with xorriso and it works like a champ.

Am I correct that the -isohybrid-mbr option is only available with -as
mkisofs in effect?  If so, is there a technical reason for that?  seems
kind of odd ... anyway, I was using mkisofs previously, so I just threw
all the same options to xorriso plus the -isohybrid-mbr and
-partition-offset options (which I had gleaned from the debian image
referenced earlier in this thread - yay for image-making utilities that
embed the command-line used to make the image in the image!)

-g